Monday, February 28, 2011

Eves Earthquake diary

26.02.2011

Dear diary

As I walked to the field i saw the wall of my own class just collapse. I couldn't talk for a while. I sat down on the field, shocked. My dad came racing down to get me and my brother. When I saw him a little light came to my heart. I ran to him as fast as i could and leaned against him and he said is everything all right? Is anybody hurt? "No," I said. "Go to the car and I will go get your brother" but i turned looking at my friends who were still sitting on the field. Then I turned back and walked to the car while the ground was still shaking underneath me.

Because i was frightened my dad drove me and my brother home. I ran through the door and stopped, not moving a muscle. I was moving slowly, then dad said, "Be quick, there might be another earthquake. So I walked down the stairs. My house was trashed. All the photos have fallen down, all my mums life's work (folders) and books has fallen. I saw my nan and pop and ran to them. Nan started crying, and held me tight.

No comments: